Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Technical Advisor - Public Financial Management to provide technical advisory to the Ministry of Finance for a DFID funded PFM Reform project in Tanzania. This is a senior position and the advisor will be responsible for providing technical advice regarding revenue mobilization, budgeting, forecasting, fiscal policy, accounting, fiscal decentralization, and internal & external audit.
The Technical Advisor - Public Financial Management will perform the following duties:
- Engage ministry officials regarding the policy and technical implementation of PFM reforms at central, regional, and local government levels;
- Develop and implement capacity-building strategies for MoF staff to ensure that central level staff are equipped with the requisite skills to ensure that the reforms are enacted effectively at the central, regional, and district level;
- Perform technical analytical work to support the MoF in strategizing and implementing PFM activities.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience providing advisory services in public financial management to the Ministry of Finance in a variety of countries.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in relevant subject areas including revenue mobilization, budgeting, forecasting, fiscal policy, accounting, fiscal decentralization, public sector planning, public procurement, taxation and revenue management, governance, and internal & external audit.
- Success implementing processes and leading capacity-building efforts to strengthen institutional financial management at national and regional government levels.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior government officials on public finance related initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience designing PFM training materials or manuals, and supporting in capacity building programs for MoF officials.
- Experience working on PFM reform in Africa.
- Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting, economics, CPA, ACCA, or other relevant field.
- Professional fluency in English.
- At least 15 years providing technical advisory in public financial management to the Ministry of Finance in different countries within Africa.
- Demonstrated experience working on donor funded projects with USAID, DFID, ADB, World Bank, etc.
- Experience working in Tanzania on PFM reform.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with Advisor expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs.
Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening. Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.