Your Principal Duties:
In your role as Technical Advisor, Research, Evaluation, and Learning, you will support Making Cents International’s work on various projects related to our practice areas of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning; youth development; women’s empowerment; and economic opportunities. You will primarily work on research, evaluation, and learning activities including study design; implementation; analysis and reporting; and collaborating, learning, and adapting using frameworks developed by Making Cents and others in the field. You will focus on making research and evaluation findings useful and practical for a variety of audiences, while supporting the integration of learning processes to build knowledge. In addition, you will use your technical experience to support project implementation and management, contribute to project design, and lead capacity building activities where appropriate.
· Leading desk reviews or systematic reviews of existing literature and research.
· Designing mixed methods studies and evaluations.
· Managing staff and field teams conducting research and evaluation studies overseas, including ethical review procedures.
· Overseeing and supporting teams working on quantitative analyses of surveys, pre/post measurement tools, training evaluation forms, etc.
· Managing and supporting teams conducting in-depth interviews or focus groups and performing qualitative analyses.
· Writing a range of products, including briefs, or reports summarizing key findings, potential recommendations for improvement, and practice-focused lessons learned.
· Advising on how to turn research, evaluation, and learning findings into project design and capacity building strategies.
· Providing inputs on resource and budget allocation needed for research, evaluation, and learning activities.
· Acting as technical lead providing inputs and review for new business development proposals.
· Master’s degree in public policy, social work, sociology, economics, statistics, or a related field with a minimum of ten years’ relevant experience, or PhD in the same fields with 6 years’ relevant experience
· Rigorous training in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
· Experienced in project management, preferably in the international development context
· Working knowledge of current issues in one or more of the following areas: gender integration; agriculture, food security and nutrition: entrepreneurship and enterprise development; financial inclusion; workforce development; youth development; women’s empowerment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in the US without sponsorship required
Our ideal candidates are:
· Strong problem solvers
· Familiar with facilitating strategic planning or learning processes
· Familiar with using SPSS and Atlas.ti or other data analysis software, and Excel for analysis and budgeting
· Confident managing mixed methods studies and analysis
· Able to deal tactfully and diplomatically with clients and other external stakeholders
· Exceptional writers, communicators, and presenters
· Interested in international development
· Detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks
· Able to work independently
· Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking) and proficient in one or more foreign languages (Spanish, French, or Arabic preferred)
Currently a remote position with anticipated move to normal office environment; ability and willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries. Travel up to 25% may be required.
Submit resume and cover letter online through “Join Our Team” under the Contact section of www.makingcents.com by February 26, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
About the Organization
Making Cents is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics