Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness. View our “Who We Are” clip here.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need.
World Vision is looking for a Technical Advisor, Social Inclusion.
As a Technical Advisor, Social Inclusion, you will serve as a technical expert responsible for ensuring that social inclusion and disability considerations are embedded in all of WVUS work. Lead technical capacity building on social inclusion and disability analysis and action. Work with teams to identify key interventions and indicators to monitor inclusive and disability-responsive programming. Represent World Vision’s programming in social inclusion and disability to major public and private donors, NGOs, universities and other professional organizations. Help secure critical public and private funding resources and build and strengthen partnerships with donors and other agencies to advance disability and social inclusion.
You will also help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Grant Acquisition/Management, and Program Quality Support (35% of time):
- Assess a range of funding opportunities in collaboration with Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) and RDU and PQI teams.
- Contribute to RDU proposal development by writing pertinent technical sections of complex, high-value, multi-sectoral proposals, developing appropriate targets, indicators, and milestones.
- Provide technical disability and inclusion guidance to review and provide sectoral feedback on implementation reports for public and foundation-funded grants.
- Create tools for social inclusion and disability -responsive staff capacity building for resource acquisition.
- Collaborate with Senior Technical Advisors as necessary.
Technical Support for Program Quality (35% of time)
- Provide inclusion and disability technical support for program quality assurance in project design, implementation and reporting
- Undertake social inclusion and disability analysis of key issues, themes and sectors relevant to WVUS.
- Plan and implement technical social inclusion and disability capacity-building initiatives and training to teams for program quality and impact
- Support inclusive approaches, operational frameworks, strategies and mechanisms for programming with the field.
- Support the development and implementation of sector-specific social inclusion and disability program quality tools, proven models, emerging/promising practices, and learning agendas.
- Coordinate the GESI Focal points working group on social and disability inclusion.
- Actively participate in the development of WVUS’ gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) strategy and thought leadership, including GESI approach, Theory of Change, indicators and interventions relating to social inclusion.
- Represent WVUS in industry networking and learning opportunities, including EDDI disability inclusion network, and disability inclusion networks/communities of practice.
Provide sector-specific technical expertise to WVI Global Centre, Regional and National Offices (10% of time):
- Participate in WV Partnership disability inclusion working group in the design, development, revision, dissemination, and promotion of WV sector strategies, standards, guidelines, working papers, tools and training materials.
- Provide strategic input and support to WVUS and WV Partnership in developing and reviewing appropriate disability and social inclusion policies and programmatic coordination for sector-specific policy implementation.
- Participate in the documentation of proven models, emerging practices, as well as best practices.
- Provide technical assistance to Regional and National Office staff in the design and implementation of sector specific programming.
- Foster organizational learning to promote technical excellence.
Strategic Networking (10% of time):
- Cultivate and strengthen partnerships with various donor agencies and institutions (USG federal agencies, selected foundations, multilateral agencies, corporations, and academic and research institutions), locally and internationally, to increase our ministry.
- Participate in sector-related global/regional networks and working groups.
- Represent WVUS to external agencies, international organizations and donors.
- Advocate with partners, locally and internationally, to push forward the agenda for sector-specific funding and programming.
- Build WV’s reputation and technical brand on social inclusion and disability by presenting at sector conferences and workshops, participate in social media surrounding World Vision’s work and other technical initiatives to reinforce the technical brand.
- Support and undertake research and learning in support of World Vision’s learning agenda.
- Incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Master’s degree in International Development, social inclusion, or other relevant area or equivalent work experience required (ten years).
- In addition to education or education requirement a minimum of four to five years international programming work experience, related professional experience, or research institution experience required, with preference for two years of work experience to be in-country/field based.
- Proven work experience securing and/or managing significant funding from institutional donors.
- Deep technical knowledge in one sector is required.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.