FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance, to be based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region of Morocco, supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities.
The Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance will be responsible for providing technical leadership to design activities aimed at improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region.
The Technical Advisor Sub-National Governance will:
- Oversee, develop, and implement strategies to improve the supply and demand of sub-national participatory governance; on the supply side, provide support to increase the ability of targeted institutions to engage with citizens and enhance their ability to respond to demands and to provide quality services; on the demand side, build the capacity of elected local government and civil society to promote citizen participation, particularly for youth, women, and people with disabilities
- Oversee the design, strategy development, and implementation of activities to support increased devolution and de-concentration of authority
- Oversee the design and implementation of activities to improve access to information on local or sub-national governments’ and authorities’ decision-making
- Develop strategies that increase participation and participatory processes that hold sub-national governments accountable for public services
- Identify and promote enabling technologies to support social accountability
- Design and implement activities that strengthen relationships and cooperation among sub-national civil society organizations (CSOs) to promote information sharing and awareness raising
- Bachelor’s degree in international policy, economics, psychology, public administration, or another related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years (10 or more preferred) of senior level experience in sub-national governance/administration, social accountability, civic engagement, access to information, or other related democracy, rights, and/or governance sectors
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build partnerships among diverse sets of stakeholders
- Familiarity with USAID programming, including rules and regulations
- Professional proficiency in French and Arabic required, including excellent written communication skills
- Experience generating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogue
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.