Chemonics seeks technical advisors for the five-year USAID-funded Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. TRACE aims to support communities in reducing their risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. Through a rigorous community-based development approach, it will strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups, including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas, and engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management, and evaluation of development activities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We seek technical advisors and program officers with expertise in the following areas:
- Strategic communications, media, and public outreach
- Community engagement and civil society
- Community-led development and capacity building
- Youth programming
- Private-public partnerships and private sector engagement
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of professional experience implementing programs with some/all of the above components; master’s degree preferred
- Experience working on donor-funded programs; experience with USAID programs preferred
- Strong knowledge of political developments in the Middle East and North Africa; strong familiarity with Tunisia’s political and social context preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to effectively represent the organization at meetings with clients, donors, host-country and U.S. government officials, and other stakeholders required
- Experience working directly with host-government communities and coordinating activities effectively with other stakeholders required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent Arabic and French and required; proficient English required, with fluency strongly preferred
Please send electronic submissions of your CV to TRACErecruit@chemonics.com by March 30, 2018 with the name and “Technical Advisors” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.