USAID Benin has embarked on an integrative approach to support the development of enhanced democratic governance as an enabler for improving development outcomes. Under the Benin Governance Consultant, Research and Logistics Services Activity, Resonance provides targeted support to USAID/Benin’s good governance programs, including advisory services, research and analyses, promoting citizen-government dialogue, and organizing program events—including workshops, conferences, events, and surveys.
To support the implementation of Resonance’s project in Benin, we are recruiting French-speaking Technical Advisors and Governance Specialists to provide on-demand technical assistance and advisory services on decentralization and good governance and its intersection across a range of technical issues and sectors, including education, public health, WASH, food security, systems, and gender and social inclusion. Specifically, we are seeking to engage mid and senior level experts in the following technical areas:
- Open Government
- Good Governance
- Constitutional/Legal/Regulatory Processes
- Asset Declaration
- Communication and Reporting
- Investigative Journalism
- Political Processes
- Association-Network Building
- Community Organizing
- Public Financial Management/Budgeting
- Public Procurement
- Gender Integration/ Equality
- Business Associations
• Provide a range of good governance technical assistance and capacity development to government officials, civil society organizations, or other stakeholders.
• Provide technical and advisory assistance to USAID’s programming efforts, including:
• Support to USAID/Benin’s coordination efforts with other donors, private sector actors, NGOs, civil society groups, and government officials;
• Planning, monitoring, coordination, and reporting on program activities;
• Advise on priorities for program activities;
• Assistance to GOB in public policy formulation.
• Contribute to program design, evaluations, assessments, and analyses, including leading assessment teams, preparing reports, conducting data analysis, and undertaking research.
• Where applicable, provide technical and logistical support workshops, conferences, and events, including event design, coordination, and facilitation.
• Advanced degree in International Development or International Affairs, Political Science, Economics, or another related field.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in governance and one or more of the subsectors identified above, and at least 5 years of experience working on donor-funded development projects.
• Extensive experience working in Benin or Francophone West Africa, with demonstrated experience working with municipalities, local governance institutions, and/or national institutions, civil society groups or business associations.
• Strong knowledge of democracy and governance issues in West Africa, strong preference for contextual knowledge of good governance in Benin.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and different levels of organizations (government, NGOs, research institutions, etc.).
• Ability to write, read and speak in English and French.
• Proven ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Technical Advisors - Governance (French-Speaking)” in the email subject line, and specify in the subject line which technical area(s) you would like to be considered for. Please save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.