QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is seeking Senior Technical Advisors with Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in trade facilitation and private firm-level economic growth planning in the former Soviet Union (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan specifically), for an anticipated short-term (4-5 months) evaluation through the Department of State. Technical Advisors will assist and advise the Team Lead and In-Country Evaluators on conducting performance evaluations of two Department of Commerce programs: The Commercial Law Development program (CLDP) and the Special American Business Internship Program (SABIT). The objective of these evaluations will be to assess the effectiveness of these partners’ past projects, and to inform future funding decisions, and to identify and apply lessons learned from the evaluation to future DOC programs in the region.
Position Contingent Upon Task Order Award
- Assist the Team Lead in the design of evaluations and performance indicators
- Assist in the development of surveys and other evaluation criteria for in-country teams
- Assist in the design and facilitation of workshops and training events
- Support project operations while acting as a SME for the assigned regional area
- Review results of the evaluations, conduct periodic reviews, and assist the development of the final report
- Master’s degree with 8 years of experience or PhD with 5 years of experience, designing directing or advising on trade facilitation, private firm development and/or economic growth programming and training.
- Experience contributing to performance evaluation, including qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Experience conducting desk research and/or systematic literature reviews
- Strong communications and report writing capabilities
- Russian language skills
- Experience in the former Soviet Union (Eastern Europe, The Caucuses, and Central Asia)
- Experience conducting gender analysis
- Experience conducting training and/or facilitating workshops
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions for international development, defense and diplomacy in more than 90 countries. We leverage deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning. We help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.