We are looking for a senior TVET consultant ready to arrive in Honduras in late August/early September 2018 for a 2-3 month assignment. His/her key expected deliverable will be an in-depth analysis regarding the feasibility and possible establishment of a new TVET educational institution in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, to be managed by ACOES Honduras with the support of ACOES Spain and the Nous Cims Foundation (Fundació Nous Cims).
Activities and deliverables:
- Analyze the current demand in Honduras for professional profiles and the expectations of new students to ascertain the specific typologies and schedules of studies that should be prioritized.
- Analyze the technical and legal feasibility of the proposed new TVET educational institution.
- Prepare a budget estimate for the needed equipment and the expected annual recurrent costs of the institution.
- Determine the characteristics of the institution premises.
- Carry out of a tentative planning of the different studies typologies and its related technical feasibility and implementation cost-analysis.
- Build up partnerships with the local official TVET authorities (INFOP-Instituto Nacional de Formación Profesional).
- Draft an overall planning proposal for the establishment of a new TVET center to be managed by ACOES Honduras with the support of the Nous Cims Foundation.
Qualifications and experience:
- Successful proven track record as a TVET institution manager or lecturer.
- Previous similar assignments/experience in developing countries and specifically in South America.
- Familiar with all logistics requirements (equipment, utilities, etc.) for the implementation of TVET courses.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently and on its own initiative.
- Strong planning, organizational and budget drafting skills.
- Highly desirable to have robust interpersonal and negotiation competencies.
- On-site accommodation at ACOES Honduras premises.
- Competitive fee commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals please send a CV, cover letter and financial proposal in Spanish.
About the Organization
ACOES Honduras is an NGO established in 1993 in Tegucigalpa (Honduras) that through its education programs promotes solidarity and works for the educational and comprehensive development of human beings within the most vulnerable groups in society.
Fundació Nous Cims, based in Barcelona (Spain), creates, promotes and supports life-changing social projects intended to achieve a durable and transforming outcome in society, International Development being one of its key areas of intervention.