Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are recruiting for a to be based in Bangkok, Thailand to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Water Energy for Food Asia Regional Innovation Hub (WE4F-Asia-RIH) over July 2020 to July 2024. See https://we4f.org/.
The TAF/BOP Impact Specialist will be key personnel on the contract and must be local to S/SE Asia. The position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Manage the delivery of technical assistance and business advisory services to a minimum of 40 innovators in South and Southeast Asia working in the water-energy-food nexus. Examples of technical assistance includes marketing and market analysis, financial modeling and business coaching, environmental compliance and assessment, graphic design & branding, product development, public relations, or supply chain development.
· Manage the Technical Assistance Unit including the deployment of a team of five short-term energy, agriculture, water use, and finance experts and supervising the gender and environmental sustainability advisors
· Identify skill gaps or technical assistance needs for grant awardees, source appropriate support either within the Hub or by external vendors and develop individualized grantee business acceleration work plans
· Manage the procurement and management of local, third party vendors to provide specialized technical assistance to innovator according to business acceleration workplans
· Support the identification, selection and evaluation of potential innovators to receive grants
· Lead the implementation of a BOP strategy including identification of BOP market segments WE4F innovators can target and integration of BOP into the all aspects of the Hub’s interventions
· Provide semi-annual updates on awardee project progress and technical assistance provision
· Support the collection and review of performance-based milestones submitted by grant awardees
· Support the development of knowledge products, collection of performance indicator and preparation of communication pieces
· Support the management of the Hub including staff selection, development of contractual deliverables and acting as the head of office in the absence of the Hub Manager
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
· Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, international development, or related field
· 8 years of relevant work experience in the region working in one or more of the following sectors: water, energy, agriculture.
· Prior experience managing and providing technical assistance on technology development and commercial scaling to companies in South and/or Southeast Asia
· Prior experience working with BOP market segments and/or financing BOP customers in South and/or Southeast Asia
· Familiarity with private sector investment process and investor expectations on minimum technical competency within a perspective investee.
· Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, as well as a background in budget review and cost analysis to ensure maximum efficiency of unit resources.
· Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals and communicate with WE4F awardees.
· Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills)
Valued but not required KSA’s:
· Technology development or start-up experience directed at low-income or Base of the Pyramid customers
· Understanding of enabling environment activities for a conducive private sector-driven ecosystem
· Business acceleration experience
Apply online at: http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHdN49DL
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.