C/Can is supporting cities to identify its unique set of challenges across cancer care and with the support of partners, cities are developing project plans and implementing local solutions. The Technical Assistance Officer will support C/Can in the management of the development and execution of a portfolio of Technical Assistance projects across all City Cancer Challenge cities, in close coordination with the Technical Assistance and Partnerships Senior Manager, City Managers, Regional Directors and local project teams.
- In close coordination with the Technical Assistance and Partnerships Team, the Technical Assistance Officer will:
- Support the lifecycle management of technical assistance projects across different C/Can cities at a portfolio level;
- Build local stakeholders’ capacity to develop and execute sustainable project plans based on their technical assistance needs;
- Develop appropriate means of verification to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Ensures comprehensive project tracking and documentation across cities and regions;
- Coordinate the implementation of the C/Can online platform to deliver remote Technical Assistance
- Support with the management of the network of technical partners with diverse competencies and capacities from both the public and private sectors;
- Manages project members to achieve goals and vision of project from initiation to completion.
- Coordinates project plans, budgets, training and resources with Technical Assistance and Partnerships Senior Manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in business, public administration, economics and/or related field;
- 3-5 years of project management experience, preferably in the health development field as in a non-profit or international organisation;
- Project management certification(s) preferred;
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion;
- Demonstrable working knowledge and expertise on multi-stakeholder project lifecycle management;
- Proven record of producing concise, accurate and high-quality reports;
- Clear written and oral communication and excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently in a flexible and fast-paced work environment;
- Strong creative, analytical, organizational, and personal skills;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken); other languages will be an advantage, especially Spanish;
- Availability to travel (less than 10%).
How to apply:
Please send a letter of application along with your CV/resume by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that they are sent as a PDF documents with the titles ”your name cover letter” and your name CV”. Please put C/Can Technical Assistance Officer” in the email subject line. Application should be received no later than the 15th of March 2020.
About the Organization
City Cancer Challenge Foundation (C/Can) supports cities around the world as they work to improve access to equitable, quality cancer care.
C/Can leads a city-based partnership initiative that aims to improve access to quality cancer care in cities around the world by transforming the way stakeholders from the public and private sectors collectively design, plan, and implement cancer solutions.
The approach is built on the core principle that cities can drive impact at national level by crafting data-driven solutions with the support of a network of global, regional, and local partners that reflect an understanding of the unique local context.
C/Can was launched by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) at the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. It was established as a standalone Swiss foundation in January 2019.