The Technical Associate on the Economic Growth team will provide critical technical expertise throughout the project life cycle and play a vital role in our business development efforts. The Technical Associate will support the team’s technical implementation of multiple complex US-based and field-based USAID-funded contracts, manage tasks for technical assignments in the economic growth and agriculture sectors across the government and commercial services portfolios, and contribute to capture and proposal development for USG- and other donor and corporate funded contracts.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, Seattle, Washington, or Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director, Economic Growth. Resonance is currently operating fully remote due to COVID-19.
OUTCOMES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Technical Support & Client Engagement
- Support the design and deployment of approaches to develop and support Resonance’s portfolio of work in economic growth (EG), including agriculture, competitiveness & trade to advance Resonance’s expertise in those fields.
- Apply technical expertise to client projects to identify, build, manage, and evaluate PSE approaches and partnerships in the EG sector.
- Manage discrete written components of technical delivery, including researching/drafting written reports.
- Support field assessments, research/analysis, curricula development for training, training delivery, PSE workshop preparation and delivery, and evaluations to advance PSE and partnership development for Resonance’s clients and projects in the EG sector.
- Support the expansion of Resonance’s project portfolio by developing client relationships with development implementers, donor agencies, commercial customers, foundation, NGOs, and others.
- Support the capture and proposal development process, particularly for USAID bids, including the management of proposals, coordination of technical inputs, creation of key components of technical design and workplan, support development of cost inputs, and coordination with partners, primes, and subcontractors.
- Support Resonance thought leadership through writing blog posts and articles, making public presentations, attending and speaking at relevant conferences, etc.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, or another relevant field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in global development, with experience in USAID project management and business development a plus
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in effectively managing technical aspects of USAID-funded projects with limited oversight
- 3+ years of experience working in economic growth, including agriculture, competitiveness and trade, and/or enterprise development
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience and track record of working in cross-sector collaboration, preferably for international companies, NGOs, donors or foundations operating in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and partners
- Outstanding verbal and written communications, and client engagement skills
- Fluency in Spanish or French a plus
- Eligibility to work in US
- Strong organizational skills, including task and time management
- Critical thinker
- Project Management
- Client focus
- Problem solving
- Open communication and active listening
- Financial acumen
- Relationship building skills
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Drive and commitment
- Emotional Intelligence
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to travel up to 20% internationally on short notice.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
US work authorization required.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial, and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.