Chemonics seeks a technical coordinator for the Strengthening the Viral Load (VL) and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) program in Liberia. He or she will coordinate all activities of this 12-month laboratory management and health systems strengthening assignment, which is anticipated to begin in October 2019. This program is funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and will support lab harmonization, quality assurance, and quantification efforts. The technical coordinator will work directly with the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) Central Referral Lab of the Liberian Ministry of Health. The position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia, with some travel to healthcare facilities throughout the country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The technical coordinator will prioritize and implement recommendations identified in a 2019 assessment of the technical needs required to improve VL/EID programs within the NACP.
This assignment will require a variety of deliverables, including day-to-day technical coordination of all project activities, development and implementation of a comprehensive workplan, supply chain management assistance, capacity building for the NACP Central Laboratory and peripheral laboratories, coordination and oversight of a quality management system, equipment management assistance, and development of an M&E framework to monitor progress using WHO’s VL/EID scorecard.
- Advanced clinical degree or advanced degree in project management, public health, or other related fields
- At least six years of experience in project development and team management
- Experience working with national governments to strengthen national laboratory systems, and policy planning for laboratory services
- Experience in the implementation and monitoring of transformational programs and use of project management information systems
- Experience in health systems strengthening, especially in laboratory or supply chain management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; and comfort in client-facing roles
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking
- International experience or experience working with development partners within the Liberian health sector preferred
- Liberian national preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “GF Liberia VL/EID Technical Coordinator” in the subject line to GFLiberiaRecruit@chemonics.com no later than Thursday, September 19. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.