Technical Deputy Chief of Party, Honduras Rural Competitiveness and Sustainability Project, Honduras
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated Honduras Rural Competitiveness and Sustainability Project funded by INVEST-H in Honduras. The new activity is envisioned to start in 2020.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in developing the strategic direction and providing technical advice across all program components in the planning, designing and implementation of activities. S/he will work closely with partners and their technical teams to ensure integration across organizations and objectives. The Deputy Chief of Party will oversee field-level program activities and ensure program targets are met. In the absence of the Chief of Party, the DCOP will assume responsibility for coordinating award management and implementation tasks, liaise with INVEST-H on technical matters, and respond to the inquiries. The position is based in Honduras.
- Support project planning and manage delivery-agent capacity-building activities
- Coordinate the development of, implementation of, and timely reporting on the program
- Prepare and/or assist in developing and preparing all reporting requirements, templates and periodic reports (quarterly, semi-annual and sporadic) to the donor, government, ACDI/VOCA headquarters, and other partner organizations
- Supervise the senior programmatic and field team managers
- Prioritize, organize, distribute, and coordinate the flow of work
- Assist with problem solving, crisis management and technical guidance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable donor, ACDI/VOCA, and government rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and schedules
- Assist with the development of program budgets. Resolve routine operating problems as they arise.
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promote open dialogue on gender-related issues
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events as required. Establish relationships with public and private sector stakeholders.
- Coordinate activities with government officials, other implementers, stakeholders, and institutions active in the target areas. Play a lead role in interacting with key implementing partners and other development partners.
- Travel to field program sites as required and appropriate.
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, agriculture, development studies or relevant areas preferred; bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive responsibility managing and implementing programs of similar scope
- Demonstrated proficiency in the field of people and project management, as well as strategic planning and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Effective record of building relationships with governmental organizations, academic institutions as well as private and community organizations
- Familiarity with INVEST-H approaches and regulations is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish required, English preferred
Honduras nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com or apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.