FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director, Academic Quality.
The Technical Director, Academic Quality position will oversee and ensure the technical excellence of all activities relating to the improvement of academic offerings at selected Afghan public higher education institutions. This includes working with the MoHE and with specified public universities to:
- Facilitate the sharing of technical expertise between consortium university partners and targeted universities, including the development of models for strengthening curricular offerings; the coordination of workshops and related travel; the promotion of co-authored publications; and the development of deep linkages between partnered institutions;
- Develop or strengthen existing networks for promoting knowledge sharing among Afghan universities and between Afghan universities with foreign higher education institutions;
- Develop or strengthen linkages between higher education institutions (universities, consortia, networks) and the private sector in order to facilitate the school-to-work pipeline; and the establishment or strengthening of other fora that enable linkages between public higher education and industry;
- Oversee the development and/or maintenance of Professional Development Centers to promote teacher professional development.
- A minimum of a master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in the education field preferred.
- At least eight years’ experience, including at least five years of experience working with education technology, blended or education programs, or related fields;
- Ability to oversee the development of interactive modules, online tutorials, and support training;
- Must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience of technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience with improving access to higher education for historically disadvantaged populations and persons with disabilities in Afghanistan or similar environment.
- Experience organizing and conducting trainings and workshops.
- Strong writing and communication abilities are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English required; fluency in Pashto and Dari preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.