For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in education, economic growth, monitoring and evaluation, peacebuilding and countering violent extremism (CVE), positive youth development, technology and innovation, and health access and services. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Director, Education Quality Assurance.
The anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will be designed to work with the Government of the Philippines, education and training institutions, and the private sector to develop qualifications aligned to the needs of industries, strengthen quality assurance among education and training institutions, and improve the information flowing between industries, jobseekers, education and training institutions, students/ trainees, and government. The activity outcomes will include better jobs-skills alignments, productivity, demand for qualified professionals and technicians, enhanced employability, and strengthened competitiveness of Philippines-based enterprises in local, regional and global markets.
The Technical Director for Education Quality Assurance will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of project activities that seek to improve education quality, including support to formal systems of institutional and program-level accreditation/certification, and quality improvement planning, monitoring, and reporting. The Director will be responsible for the design and delivery of action plans and strategies to improve quality assurance standards across the Philippines labor market. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide overall strategic direction and supervision for all education quality improvement activities;
- Lead technical design and implementation of regional and local assessments of instructional and pedagogical quality of formal accreditation and certification systems in line with project objectives and global and regional best practices;
- Ensure proposed activities are consistent with the Philippine Qualifications Framework and ASEAN-wide qualifications standards;
- Assist in developing protocols and standard operating procedures to increase institutions and training facilities ability to effectively understand and implement quality assurance systems;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and formal partnership agreements (where valuable and appropriate) with Ministry of Educational and private (industry-based) training institutions;
- Support the identification of technology-assisted approaches for quality assurance reporting (e.g., for baseline, monitoring, data collection use, analysis, and reporting etc.); and
- Provide input and serve as a source of information on issues related to uptake of quality assurance systems and the Philippine Qualifications Framework.
Skills and Experience:
- A master’s degree in education, international development, political science, public policy, or a similarly relevant discipline;
- At least eight years of successful work experience in education quality assurance systems design, activity, implementation, and technical service provision;
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of private (industry-based) certifications and related quality issues;
- Up-to-date knowledge of technical qualifications development approaches and best practices;
- Understanding and experience with Philippine education sector policy and structures;
- Experience in statistics and operations research;
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization;
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality;
- Excellent English and Tagalog oral and written communication preferred; and
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.