World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Other preferred location is Nairobi, Kenya or anywhere WVI is registered to operate.
As the Technical Director, Gender & Inclusion, you will provide global strategic leadership for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) in World Vision, across the strategy, programming, policy and grant acquisition areas of our work. The Gender Equality elements of the role relate to enabling women and girls and men and boys to enjoy equal access to human rights, socially valued goods, opportunities and resources. The Social Inclusion elements focus on transforming social relations and structures so that children who are disadvantaged on the basis of disability, race, colour, sex and gender, language, religion, national or social origin or other status have increased opportunities, power, rights, access to resources and agency. You will work directly on the “Addressing Extreme Child Vulnerability” Strategic Initiative of the Our Promise Partnership Strategy, and will be expected to work in close collaboration with the Strategy Realization Team and other key stakeholder teams across World Vision in the following key areas:
- Ensuring the strategic integration of gender equality and social inclusion across all World Vision entities.
- Leading the Partnership’s work to mainstream gender equality and social inclusion across all aspects of World Vision ministry.
- Building and leading the technical learning networks on aspects of gender equality and social inclusion (including Design Monitoring and Evaluation).
- Representing World Vision externally in relevant academic and industry forums to raise our profile and contribute to the industry discourse on GESI.
- Masters Degree in a gender, human rights or social development related discipline.
- At least 7 years working in the sector in a gender and inclusion related area, preferably with a proven track record within a complex international organization and including front line field experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge and professional experience related to GESI, with an understanding of relevant policy making processes, influencers and institutions.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and proficient in one other language – Spanish, French (preferred).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30 % of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 FEB 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.