Devex is currently assisting a non-profit organization that aims to bring together stakeholders to create sustainable economic development, strengthen civil society and respond to natural disasters for the most disadvantaged people, in their search for a Technical Director Knowledge Management and HICD Expert. This is a full-time position to be based in Honduras.
The organization seeks a Knowledge Management and Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) expert for upcoming opportunities. The position will be based in Latin America. The candidate will have overall responsibility for carrying out innovative knowledge management to support profound changes in policy, institutions, and practitioners.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
The candidate requires to have extensive, first-hand experience in knowledge management and dissemination, qualifications include:
- Minimum of eight years of experience working on knowledge management and/or organizational capacity development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in knowledge management, strategic management, or a relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to fully and effectively communicate, both oral and written, in Spanish and English.
- Familiarity with USAID HICD framework required.
- Experience with methods for knowledge dissemination and management, as well as organizational capacity building.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience desired.
- Prior experience working with USAID programming desired, but not strictly required.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the program’s organizational capacity development components, as defined under the USAID HICD Handbook.
- Supporting the design and validation of survey instruments, assessment tools, and protocols.
- Developing and adapting methods for knowledge generation, management, and dissemination.
- Benchmarking and promoting innovative knowledge for change approaches and ensure that relevant sectors, processes, and technologies are in place to foster a culture of continuous measuring, learning and adapting both within the project and with the public, private and non-profit partners.
- Providing USAID, project officials, and the public, private and non-profit partners with critical management and technical information necessary to improve program outcomes.
- Leading the design and execution of rigorous project monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) platform, including design, roll-out, and execution of systems for developing and tracking program impact and outcome indicators for program monitoring and evaluation system, while ensuring lessons learned are incorporated through structured monitoring and learning processes.