Chemonics seeks a technical distribution/transportation director for the anticipated USAID Commodities for Health: Ensuring Guaranteed Access & Reliability (CHEGAR) project. The activity, worth $4 million to $10 million, will aim to establish an effective and efficient transportation system in Mozambique for medical commodities by engaging the private sector to provide transport and transport management solutions. The program will be rolled out province by province. CHEGAR will focus on the provinces to address the last mile of the public health supply chain, where challenges are most acute and current system and support structures are insufficient. The program aims to bring a specialized technical and functional focus to a fragmented supply chain challenged by inadequate infrastructure, human resources, accountability mechanisms, and information systems.
The technical director will work with the chief of party in providing technical direction to establish an effective and efficient logistics system for medical commodities at the last mile. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with the chief of party to provide management, leadership, oversight, and technical direction to establish an effective and efficient transportation system for medical commodities at the last mile, build capacity of private sector partners, and improve the availability of medical commodities at the health facility level
- Support the chief of party and technical team in day-to-day project implementation, management, client engagement, and coordination between private and public sector stakeholders
- Foster, maintain, and grow collaborative, productive, and effective relationships with both public and private sector stakeholders
- Design facility segmentation, seasonality mitigation, and emergency commodity delivery procedures
- Help the chief of party periodically evaluate project progress against the work plan and budget, identify issues and risks related to timely implementation, and undertake appropriate interventions to meet work-plan objectives and client requests
- Serve as the acting chief of party in the absence of the chief of party
- Provide contextual technical expertise in areas such as supply chain strengthening and management, forecasting and quantification, 3PL management, supply chain governance, human resources for supply chain, quality and pharmacovigilance, warehousing, distribution, and electronic logistics management information systems
- Manage project technical staff to ensure implementation progresses towards client expectations and anticipated results and incorporates industry best practices
- Master’s degree or higher in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing complex supply chain programs in Mozambique or East or Southern Africa
- Experience with health supply chains preferred
- Demonstrated results and achievements increasing efficiencies in and optimizing health supply chains, with a specific emphasis in 3PL management, optimizing transportation systems, last mile delivery, public and private sector engagement, digital supply chain solutions, and systems integration
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills and substantial experience interacting with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts including senior government officials
- Command of USAID-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Preference given to Mozambican nationals or residents
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English; proficient Portuguese
Please apply through https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/mozambique__chegar by completing the questionnaire and uploading a CV, including three recent professional references and a cover letter, by December 15, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form please reach out to mozambiqueCHEGARRecruit@chemonics.com, however, no applications submitted to this email will be considered.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.