JOB TITLE: Technical Editor SALARY GRADE: E2A
BUSINESS UNIT: Region
JOB LOCATION: London, United Kingdom JOB CODE:
REPORTS TO: New Business, Managing Director BILLABLE/NON-BILLABLE: Non-billable
The Technical Editor is responsible for writing, rewriting, and editing technical materials throughout the proposal development lifecycle and corporate communication materials. Primarily support the United Kingdom division to ensure that materials are consistent with Chemonics’ corporate brand, are of high quality, and meet the needs of our client. Help establish, maintain, and promote high standards for writing, editing, style, format, design, and production for all written materials at Chemonics. Train regional staff in writing and contribute to the development of related traning materials and tools.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides high-quality writing and editing services for all aspects of new business work.
• Reviews preliminary outlines and drafts; make suggestions to improve responsiveness to ITTs and contributes broadly as a member of the proposal team.
• Uses knowledge of international development issues and trends to provide input into ITT analysis, proposal outlining, results framework development, and the use of pillars and key themes.
• Works collaboratively with proposal and other teams to meet needs for project communication consistent with corporate and client standards. Helps project identify appropriate resources to carry out project communication tasks.
• Provides high quality writing and editing services for technical materials throughout project life cycle, including proposals, final reports, and technical and outreach materials.
• Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
• Helps enforce and promote understanding of corporate practices for billing project communication services.
• Participates in the development of training materials, job aids, and tools, facilitates meetings as required.
• Effectively trains and mentors other editors and other corporate staff on Chemonics’ tools and systems.
• Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures that staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow professionally.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Demonstrated writing and editing skills.
• Strong organizational and work prioritization skills.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Knowledge of DFID and FCO and its operations preferred.
• Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, independent thinkning, judgment, integrity, and respect for others
• Fluency in a foreign language preferred.
• Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
• UK work authorization required or ability to obtain it
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.