The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Enhancing cooperation with Indonesia on trade in wildlife products ” in Indonesia.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To advance the EU and Indonesia’s engagement in the frame of the CITES and to strengthen the EU’s role in its international efforts on biodiversity protection, sustainable management and trade of wildlife.
The action will thereby contribute to the implementation of SDG 15, the EU Biodiversity Strategy and the EU Action Plan against Wildlife Trafficking.
- The purpose of this contract is as follows:To step up cooperation with Indonesia in the definition and realisation of its practices towards the implementation of existing and emerging commitments and requirements of CITES before and after the next Conference Of Parties (CoP18).
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or technical diploma in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team-oriented and service-oriented work style
- Strong diplomatic skills and capacity to listen and deal with politically sensitive issues, ability to dialogue with national authorities and institutional structures
- Analytical and computer literacy skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as report writing skills in English
General professional experience
- Minimum five (5) years of general professional experience in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum five (3) years of specific professional experience (included in the 5 years of general professional experience) in the field of wildlife trade/trafficking and law enforcement against illegal wildlife trafficking
- Working experience in Indonesia and/or Southeast Asia is an asset
- Good knowledge of Indonesian stakeholders in the sector of wildlife trade and enforcement against illegal wildlife trafficking is an asset
The operational base for the activities shall be in Jakarta (Indonesia).
The contract will support activities in Indonesia. Activities shall take place in the capital Jakarta as well as in selected locations in the Indonesian provinces.
The intended start date is 01 December 2018 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in Europeaid format in English.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.