Chemonics seeks technical experts for an anticipated multiyear DFID-funded programme to fuel economic growth and create sustainable jobs in Nepal. Based in Kathmandu and with operations in several regional provinces, the programme aims to support creation of 25,000 jobs through the following industries: tourism, construction, information and communications technology, manufacturing, and agroprocessing. The programme will provide support in technical areas including public-private partnerships, provincial and municipal administration, trade and investment promotion, enterprise-level capacity, and manufacturing competitiveness. We are seeking professionals with a proven track record managing complex economic development programmes in developing countries, including responsibilities for large-scale budgets and teams. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience leading formulation of industry strategies, promoting competitiveness, developing small and medium enterprises, and achieving results in job creation. Strong grounding in expanding access to finance to businesses is essential, as well as facilitating adoption of a regulatory environment that would fuel growth. DFID or USAID project experience is preferred. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall programme management, leadership to meet contract objectives, effective client communication and stakeholder engagement, and proactive programme risk mitigation
- Develop annual work plans and budgets in accordance with DFID annual planning cycle, and provide leadership and oversight to achieve project deliverables within the agreed-upon budget and timeline
- Lead implementation of technical assistance to governmental, not-for-profit, and business partners
- Manage a cadre of local and international technical experts and subcontractors
- Identify international best practices in economic development, particularly pertaining to selected sectors, and adapting them to Nepal’s needs
- Technical experience in business enabling environment, agricultural value chains, job creation, tourism development, manufacturing, export promotion, or a related technical area
- Experience with economic growth programmes
- Demonstrated skills and experience managing a programme of similar magnitude and complexity
- International donor experience preferred
- Knowledge of DFID and its contractual and reporting requirements preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent English communication skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively across technical and sectoral disciplines
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the following link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b78db7f6cdb54d2cb0f91d1ab573aa13. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.