Chemonics seeks technical experts for the anticipated USAID funded Papua New Guinea Electrification Partnership (PEP) Activity. PEP aims to contribute significantly to achieving the goal of 70 percent electrification by 2030. The activity will provide support in technical areas including, but not limited to: utility reform, off-grid electrification, energy regulation, public-private partnerships, and energy investment/transaction advisory services. Positions will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project management, leadership to meet contract objectives, effective client communication and stakeholder engagement, and proactive project risk mitigation
- Develop annual work plans and budgets in accordance with USAID annual planning cycle
- Provide leadership and oversight to achieve project deliverables within the agreed-upon budget and timeline
- Lead implementation of technical assistance to governmental, not-for-profit, and business partners
- Manage a cadre of local and international technical experts and subcontractors
- Identify international best practices in energy sector developments and adapting them to Papua New Guinea’s needs
- Advanced degree in economics, energy/environmental policy, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible work experience in energy programs
- Demonstrated past experience in energy sector development and significant experience in implementing programs in developing countries
- Three years of experience working in developing countries preferred
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (U.S. government and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, and bilateral and multilateral entities
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Coordinating skills, an excellent record of working with other donors, and experience working on infrastructure sector programs
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your cover letter and CV attached and “Technical Expert” in the subject line to PNGRecruit@chemonics.com by October 21, 2019. We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.