ACDI/VOCA is seeking technical experts for an upcoming opportunity in Tanzania as part of a technical assistance team under the Agri-Connect: Supporting Value Chains for Shared Prosperity program funded by EuropeAid. The overall objective of the program is to contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania, by promoting the productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the tea, coffee and horticulture sectors. We promptly seek qualified candidates for the following long-term roles:
- Tea and Coffee Value Chain/Private Sector Development Expert
- Horticulture Value Chain/Private Sector Development Expert
- Advanced degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Rural Development and/or other related fields
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in the agriculture sector, preferably in the coffee and tea value chain interventions or horticulture value chain interventions
- Proven experience in analysis of policy and regulatory frameworks, capacity building and training of state institutions including Government ministries, Local Government Authorities as well as Non-State Actors including NGOs, Cooperatives and Farmers Organizations
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of project cycle management processes and implementation of donor-funded projects
- Good reporting skills and ability to communicate with a wide audience
- Experience in the EAC region
- Fluency in English and in Swahili required
Tanzania nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.