Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking Technical Experts for the anticipated USAID Jordan Public Financial Management and Administration (PFMA) opportunity, which seeks to improve public financial management in Jordan by strengthening performance and efficiency of the existing revenue system and enhancing the budget management process. PFMA will focus on building capacity within Jordanian institutions to modernize the revenue system, encourage compliance, ease taxpayer ability to comply with tax obligations, improve budget planning/ preparation/ and execution, and enhance public procurement management. PFMA is anticipated to be a five-year project.
We are seeking the following expertise:
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Fiscal Control and Audit
- Revenue Management
- Public Private Partnership
- Business Enabling Environment
- Procurement ICT/ E-Procurement
- Government Sector Institutional Strengthening
- Citizen Engagement
- Strategic Communications
- Donor Coordination
- Gender, Youth, and Vulnerable Group Inclusion
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Masters preferred);
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on public financial management, public policy reform, tax, business administration, public administration, or governance in developing countries;
- Experience in the Middle East or North Africa (Jordan experience preferred);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Arabic language skills preferred;
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Expressions of interest should include a resume and a one-page cover letter in English. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Jordan PFMA” in the subject line.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.