Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking up to three Technical Leads (Service Delivery Systems, Capacity Building, Oversight and Accountability) for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia Improving Local Governance and Service Delivery (LG) Activity. This activity will pursue three main objectives: 1) improved governance systems to promote quality service delivery; 2) enhanced local government capacity to manage governance processes; and 3) strengthened oversight mechanisms to provide data points for accountable services strengthened.
Service Delivery Systems Lead: lead and manage activities focused on strengthening regulatory systems, incentive systems, and standard settings, including development of a program to identify and highlight model local governance leaders in Indonesia. Direct a small team of local advisers and engage with critical counterparts at the village, district, province, and national levels to understand challenges, develop solutions, and leverage ongoing activities. Must have experience in local governance and service delivery systems for Indonesia, an understanding of the current legal/regulatory system for local governance, and strong communications skills.
Capacity Building Lead: lead and manage activities focused on capacity building, training, and institutional strengthening for Indonesian counterparts, including design and development of programs targeted at budgeting, policy making, and the ability to implement existing/new policies. Lead a small team of advisers in an analytical process to better understand current organizational structure and capacity for service delivery at the village, district, province, and national levels in order to recommend targeted training and technical assistance programs. Must have a proven track record of training individuals and organizations to improve budgeting, financial planning, and policy implementation, including direct experience with Indonesian participatory processes and the existing regulatory framework.
Please indicate as to which Technical Lead position you are applying.
Oversight and Accountability Lead: lead and manage activities focused on the legal/regulatory framework, data-driven decision making for improved accountability, and best practices in monitoring and reporting on the quality of service delivery to promote accountability. Lead a small team in efforts to analyze and update the legal framework with a focus on modernizing the implementing regulations that support improved citizen oversight at the village, district, provincial, and national levels, as well as catalogue key data sources for oversight in Indonesia and any existing models that can be replicated or adapted by the activity. Must have experience with oversight and accountability systems at the local level, preferably including auditing, accounting, and legislative reforms, as well as an understanding of key data sources and best practices in Indonesia.
Required: Bachelors in Political Science, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Governance, Public Finance Management, Public Administration or a related field.
Preferred: Masters in Political Science, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Governance, Public Finance Management, Public Administration or a related field.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience with donor-funded decentralization, public finance management, or local government strengthening programs, including relevant experience in Indonesia and/or other South or Southeast Asian countries.
• Demonstrated technical expertise in service delivery systems, capacity building, and/or oversight and accountability.
• Demonstrated experience leading teams of diverse staff.
• Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia highly desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders in challenging environments.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet management deadlines.
- Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment. Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging environment and maintain cultural sensitivities.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to prioritize and solve problems in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage through systems.
- Ability to build and maintain useful and wide-ranging networks of contacts at institution, country or regional level.
- Ability to quickly understand regional/country context and local sensitivities.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with an effective range of external contacts.
- Ability to negotiate effectively combining logic and reason with interpersonal sensitivity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Travel Requirements: In-country and regional travel may be required. Physical Requirements: Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10lbs.
About the Organization
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.