The Technical Manager will be responsible for overseeing all activities falling under designated objectives in the implementation of a five-year USAID-funded rule of law program in Kazakhstan. The Technical Manager will oversee the work of the technical experts, will work closely with the MEL Manager on data collection, evaluation, and learning throughout the program, and will report directly to the Chief of Party. Contingent upon funding, ABA ROLI will be seeking three technical managers with expertise in judicial systems, civil society legal framework, or business legal framework. The anticipated start date of the position will be on or around October 1.
Primary roles and responsibilities of the Technical Manager(s) is to:
· Lead technical oversight, partner coordination, and implementation of activities under a designated program objective;
· Develop analysis, recommendations, and research regarding draft or enacted legislation;
· Work directly with technical experts to design baseline assessments, workshops, trainings, round tables, study tours, etc.;
· Prepare and organize meetings with partner organizations;
· Contribute to drafting of annual work plans;
· Collect and analyze program monitoring data and evaluation;
· Draft progress reports;
· Maintain professional relationships with international and donor organizations in the country to avoid duplicating activities and ensure effective cooperation;
· Support Chief of Party in conducting program outreach and communication;
· Participate in program-related meetings and events with beneficiaries as an official ABA ROLI representative.
The Technical Manager must have the following minimum qualifications:
· At least 5-7 years of experience with international development programs related to the rule of law, working on civil society legal issues, or the justice sector in Kazakhstan
· At least 3-5 years of experience working with USAID or U.S. Government funded programs; understanding of the USAID or U.S. Government compliance requirements
· At least 2 years of supervisory experience;
· Experience with analyzing legislation, including draft legislative recommendations that affect interests of entrepreneurs.
· Direct experience working with the justice sector agencies, CSOs, government agencies or professional trade associations involving business, entrepreneurs and other interests.
· Knowledge of public policy and/or rule of law development principles and approaches;
· Law degree from an accredited Kazakhstan law school/university
· Experience planning and coordinating training events, developing resource materials;
· Fluent in English and Russian; Kazakh is a plus