TECHNICAL MANAGER, DFID-FUNDED PATHS2 PROGRAMME FOR OPTIONS CONSULTANCY SERVICES, UK
Options Consultancy Services, UK, is one of the consortium partners implementing The Partnerships for Transforming Health Systems (PATHS 2) programme in Nigeria, which seeks to improve the planning, financing and delivery of sustainable and replicable pro-poor services for common health problems in up to 6 states (for more information see: http://www.options.co.uk/our-programmes/voice-accountability-health-systems-reform-nigeria)
Location: Abuja,Nigeria with frequent travel to States
Assignment: As one of the consortium partners under the PATHS2 programme, Options Consultancy Services Ltd has responsibility for leading the design, management and technical quality assurance of Voice and Accountability (V&A) strategies under the programme.
We are looking for an individual with outstanding programme and team management skills for the position of Technical Manager. This post will lead the implementation of the V&A strategy, including managing the workplan and the V&A in-country team. The Technical Manager will drive the activities in the workplan, ensuring there is good coordination and prioritization in relation to the whole of PATHS2, in order to achieve the logframe indicators and purpose. For further details about the role please visit our website: http://www.options.co.uk/our-team/recruitment.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 8 years’ experience of working within a social development and/or governance and advocacy programmes in the health and/or social sectors, in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- A sound understanding of core social development concepts (preferably voice, accountability, rights-based approaches, gender, equity and social inclusion and/or citizen participation).
- Experience of working in complex political environments, and a sound knowledge of the Nigerian context.
- Excellent programme and team management skills.
- A commitment to ensuring that all Nigerian citizens, including women, the poorest and other marginalized groups, are able to have equal voice and participate in holding government accountable in the delivery of public services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Be a self-starter and team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness and ability to travel in Nigeria.
Application procedure: Please send your resume accompanied by a short covering letter and contact details of three relevant referees to Ms. MarleenVellekoop at Options Consultancy Services (email@example.com). Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.