FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Manager-PWID for the anticipated USAID Burma’s HIV-AIDS Program Planning Activity.
The People who Inject Drugs (PWID )Technical Advisor will ensure the technical accuracy and quality of the PWID component of the HIV activity, identifying and adapting state-of-the-art and innovative approaches to HIV interventions among this population.
The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
The Applicant must meet or exceed the qualifications listed below:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Public Health, Social Sciences, or a relevant field
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in designing, implementing and managing donor-funded public health programs in HIV/AIDS and PWID
- Experience in assessments against accepted national and international standards and regulations
- Proven capability and direct experience in PWID issues particularly in the context of Burma.
- Proven and excellent knowledge on different aspects of PWID HIV programming;
- Extensive experience in NGO management and liaison and coordination with Governments;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of quality assurance including pertinent national and international regulations and guidance on PWID HIV programming.
- Good in both written and spoken English and report writing.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.