This position will support the USAID Collective Action to Reduce Gender-based Violence (CARE-GBV) Activity. CARE-GBV aims to foster effective integration of GBV prevention and response frameworks and tools across the Agency’s program portfolio through tasks that aim to achieve broad uptake of actionable knowledge and learning and create vibrant knowledge networks for the GBV stakeholder community.
Supports the development of knowledge and change management products, such as blogs, briefs, training modules and as well as assists with the overall program management of knowledge and change management products. This position will engage with other GBV stakeholders in the US and in country offices and USAID.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for GBV programming.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits technical reports, documents and other knowledge management products. Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Provides program management support to ensuring knowledge and change management products timelines are met.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for gender- based violence prevention and response programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in education, human development, international development, social sciences or other relevant field required, plus 3-5 years’ experience.
- Proficiency with data visualization programs, program management and online search tools.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in written and spoken French preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
- Experience working on USAID-funded activities desirable.
- This position currently requires working remotely full-time while the FHI 360 offices are closed due to COVID-19. Ideal candidate will be located in Raleigh/Durham, NC or Atlanta, GA when offices re-open.
** Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.