We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Officer II to support FHI 360’s family planning portfolio, with a focus on accelerating the research to practice pipeline. Specific areas of focus will include self-care, High-Impact practices, and digital health.
The Technical Officer II will contribute to multiple projects led or supported by FHI 360’s Research Utilization unit. S/he will primarily support USAID’s five-year implementation science for FP project, Research for Scalable Solutions. Specifically, s/he will provide technical and project management support for several activities focused on family planning, implementation science and research utilization. Responsibilities will include the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers and interventions. S/he will provide technical support and guidance to staff and partners in country offices and at the global level on technical issues—including digital health, HIPs and self-care—and will initiate and/or support research utilization activities and tasks, including the development of research utilization plans, monitoring their progress, and working with the technical leads of each activity to ensure completion of these activities. The Technical Officer II will also support knowledge management initiatives (including via social media, blogs, and website development). S/he will be responsible for the developing relevant parts of work plans and reports to funders. The Technical Officer II may also assist with development of proposals.
- Lead or support the development of research utilization plans, monitor their progress, and work with the technical leads of each activity to ensure completion of activities.
- Advise activity teams on how to conduct stakeholder analysis and engagement during and after research implementation and support these strategies.
- Lead or support development and dissemination of knowledge management strategies and products including development of: PowerPoint presentations, briefs, how-to guides, toolkits, blogs, web content and/or social media campaigns.
- Lead or support knowledge sharing activities such as study tours and share-fairs.
- Lead or support development of policy advocacy tools based on research findings.
- Lead and manage the production of technical deliverables including establishing timelines, writing, editing, and formatting documents and other deliverables.
- Develop, update, and monitor projects’ technical tracking tools and work with the technical teams to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Support Ministry of Health and partner engagement across R4S and other project activities.
- Provide technical assistance/input into design, implementation and evaluation of digital health tools.
- Liaise with FHI 360 internal departments to provide project teams with a clear understanding of how in-house resources and technologies can be used in support of project objectives.
- Support the development of conference abstract submissions and/or development and submission of peer-reviewed journal articles. Deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences, as needed.
- Support business development and administrative needs, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in international development, public health, or other relevant field required, plus 5-8 years’ minimum experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience with public health program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated technical, writing, management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in written and spoken French strongly preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.