World Vision is looking for a Technical Proposal Writer.
As a Technical Proposal Writer, you will position World Vision US and National Offices for anticipated funding opportunities. Coordinate and manage all components of the proposal development process, ensuring a high quality and timely submission. Manage post submission and lessons learned processes. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Contribute to the capture planning process, including competitor analysis and proposal strategy. Support design team to gather technical intelligence and input from country offices, technical units, subject matter specialists, and other resource persons.
- Serve as lead proposal writer for donor-funded proposals, in accordance with WV and donor requirements.
- In coordination with the designated proposal team, lead/support the design and the development of the technical approach (including technical proposal outline).
- Facilitate technical design sessions in order to set proposal strategy and criteria for successful development of donor proposals.
- Collect, integrate, and assure the quality of contents from technical specialists and/or consultant contributions.
- Serve in additional technical writer roles including weaving text from different writers into proposals and writing proposal sections.
- Review, revise, and copy-edit to improve the quality and responsiveness of proposal documents and materials, provided by the technical and other staff, consultants and partners, and integrate into the overall technical application.
- Edit technical proposals, focusing on improving readability by shortening sentences, eliminating redundancies, rearranging sentences to improve transitions, clarifying exhibits and references, connects ideas together, is coherent and fun reading, and speaks with “one voice”.
- Review and integrate all background materials to ensure that the technical application is compliant with all technical and formatting requirements.
- Ensure responsiveness to donor requirements and constructively challenge the design team to produce a high-quality product in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with field staff to incorporate their inputs to technical proposals, and travel to countries to write the proposal and perform other proposal development functions, such as meeting with partners, ministries of health, and scoping.
- In coordination with the Director, design and implement training materials and plans for headquarters and country office staff to improve their proposal writing skills.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services and regular prayer.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience (eight years). Master’s degree in Health, Education, International Development or related technical discipline strongly preferred.
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires work experience in international relief and development. Experience must include a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with USG solicitation is required.
- Substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.