Objectives of the Work
The purpose of this consultancy is to:
- Support the implementing partners to carry out the protection activities of the program following the ToTs they will have received previously from AAM, which focus on (1) ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. In Myanmar, ActionAid works in partnership with local and national non-governmental organizations and communitybased organizations. 2 client centered case identification and referrals (2) legal rights (3) GBV (4) Risks associated with COVID-19 (5) safety planning (6) referral mechanisms and (7) Psychological First Aid and MHPSS support, especially to Quarantine Centers
- Design and implement a ‘new’ training on providing PFA remotely to Quarantine Centers, and following up regularly on this PFA.
- Coordinate with the Protection Working Group on updating referral mapping, monthly cluster meetings, and the protection monitoring of the quarantine centers.
- Provide ongoing support to the three local partners to ensure that all protection activities in the program (awareness sessions in communities, remote psycho-social support, monitoring of quarantine centers, referral mapping and SoPs, training of community protection focals etc.) are of high quality and up to cluster standards.
- Fluent in Burmese. Fluency in any language spoken in Kachin, including Jinghpaw and Lisu, is considered an advantage
- Professional proficiency in English;
- Over 4 years’ technical experience working on protection programs in Kachin, including on women’s and child protection.
- Experience working with local partners in Kachin
- Experience conducting toT with local CSOs on protection curricula
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to working in collaboration and partnership;
- Have accuracy, attention to detail, motivation and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good computer skills;
- Preference will be given to candidates who are currently based in Myanmar.
The consultant will report to the Resilience Lead, ActionAid Myanmar.
Interested consultant is required to submit 1) A CV, 2) A cover letter detailing their motivation in applying for this role and why they are the best suited candidate and 3) A draft budget for this consultancy, including daily rate and any other foreseen expenses not later than 5:00 pm, 4 th November 2020. No requirement of photo or copy of certificates. We will prefer to receive application only through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to high volume of application, we only contact shortlisted candidates for interview. ActionAid reserves the right to fill the post prior to the closing date if a suitable applicant is found beforehand.
Application Deadline : 4th November 2020