Abt Associates is seeking a Health Financing Coordinator for the Health Financing and Governance project, a global flagship project of USAID in Haiti focused on health financing, human resources for health, and capacity-building activities. In health financing, for example, activities will focus on the development of a health financing strategy, Health Information Systems, the estimation of National Health Accounts, and improving public financial management (PFM) in the health sector. There will be a heavy focus on capacity building and previous experience in strengthening Ministry of Health in health financing would be preferred.This person will be responsible for leading the technical and coordination efforts of health financing activities in collaboration with the Haiti office staff, stakeholders, and the Abt/Bethesda office. The Health Financing Coordinator will regularly report to the COP with regards to workplan, budget, and USAID protocol.
The Health Financing Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate all health financing activities in Haiti
- Provide technical input on health financing activities to the Ministry of Health on a full-time basis, including capacity building of Ministry of Health units responsible for those activities
- Work closely with Haiti government counterparts in the Ministry of Health (MOH)/MSPP, as well as other ministries as necessary e.g. Ministry of Economy and Finance, and Ministry of Planning
- Develop working relationships with donor agencies, implementing partners, and senior government officials
- Coordinate the activities of international and local consultants working on health financing activities
- Communicate and update the COP on a regularly basis with regard to progress with health financing activities.
- In coordination with the Finance & Administrative Manager, assure the logistical arrangements for different activities including arranging meetings, reserving venue space, coordinating meetings, as well as facilitating and implementing workshops.
This position does not attract international allowances. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
6+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masters Degree in Health Economics or related field
- 6 years of experience in health financing, with particular expertise in public financial management, health financing planning and National Health Accounts
- Solid organizational skills including timely follow-up
- Highly effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with counterparts and coordinate various actors such as different Ministry of Health units, other ministries, donors and NGOs.
- Fluency in French
- Basic proficiency in English (oral and written)
***Please send CV to HFGHaiti@abtassoc.com and include the position title in the subject field***