Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified local and regional candidates for a range of technical specialist and administrative positions needed to staff an anticipated USAID-funded agricultural development program in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Tetra Tech seeks candidates specialized in the following areas:
* Inclusive Value Chain Development – production, post-harvest handling, storage, value added processing, marketing, market linkages, business development services, and access to finance
* Aquaculture, stock, and horticulture vegetable production/ value chains
* Extension Services
* Food Security
* Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture
* Climate Smart Agriculture
* Public Private Partnerships
* Producer Organization and Institutional Capacity Building
* Market Systems Strengthening
* Gender Integration
* Youth Empowerment and Entrepreneurship
* Social Behavior Change Communications
* Conflict Mitigation
* Environmental Compliance
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Finance and Administration
* Project Communications
* Master’s degree in a related field of expertise preferred, or at least seven (7) years of technically relevant experience;
* A minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in the field of interest (production, post-harvest handling, processing, marketing, business development, capacity building, M&E, financial management, grants, etc.)
* At least five years’ experience preferred working on agricultural production or value chain development projects funded by USAID or by other major donors;
* Professional, relevant experience in the DRC is essential, regional experience is also highly preferred;
* Fluency in French and English language (reading, speaking, writing); and
* Proficiency in either Kikongo, Lingala, Swahili or Tshiluba is essential
Congolese nationals or residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.