Chemonics seeks multiple technical specialists for the anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE). PLANE aims to improve learning for an estimated 1.5 million children in Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa states in northern Nigeria and support state and nonstate systems benefitting 8 million children nationally. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the PLANE team and work closely with the government of Nigeria, the Ministry of Education, state and local government representatives, and other key stakeholders to achieve programme objectives in:
- Pre-primary and early grade curriculum development (Hausa, English, and numeracy)
- Learning assessments, including EGRA, EGMA, MELQO, and SEND
- Material procurement, distribution, and use
- Teacher professional development (pre-service and in-service)
- Teacher recruitment, retention, and performance management
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, or a related discipline required. Advanced degree in education or a relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in one or more of the areas listed above
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and develop partnerships with governments and local organizations
- Experience working with DFID or other donor-funded education projects
- Experience working in a politically complex and sensitive environment
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/multiple_technical_specialists by September 17, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.