SI is seeking a Technical Specialist to oversee and support the firm’s extensive work within the Performance Evaluation (PE) practice area. This position will support the PE team in managing and implementing performance evaluations and M&E-related contracts. The Specialist will report to an SI Senior Program Manager. Specific areas of work include:
Technical Assistance. The Specialist will be expected to provide technical consulting services in support of SI’s work in performance evaluations. This could include contributing to the design of both qualitative and quantitatively-focused evaluations and data collection instruments, designing monitoring and evaluation systems, conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions, designing and analyzing mini surveys, contributing to desk reviews, providing training; and conducting evaluation tasks in the field. Consulting tasks will be graduated to match the increasing level of proficiency and skill demonstrated by the Specialist. Expected technical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Report writing
- Training and facilitation
- Evaluation design
Business Development. The Specialist will be required to contribute to proposal development through technical writing, recruiting technical personnel and participating in proposal development meetings. He/she may be called upon to identify new opportunities, serve as a technical lead or technical writer on proposals, review draft proposals, identify staff to be included in proposals, and work with the Finance Department to review budgets.
Project/Program Management. The Specialist may be called on to play a role in managing PE contracts. Potential clients include, but are not limited to USAID, the US Department of State, DFID, Foundations, and others. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects. Activities include: identify, recruit and build task order project teams; ensure SI’s Evaluation Quality, Use, and Impact (EQUI) process, support teams technically and managerially; ensure high quality deliverables to the client.
- Establish, monitor, and revise work plans and budgets for selected projects and support contract reporting requirements.
- Participate in technical tasks and in the development and delivery of client products, including analyses, reports and related work products.
- MA degree in international development or a related field.
- Academic training and a minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in evaluation – including both qualitative and quantitative methods – with 7-10 years of overall work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting field-based data collection in international contexts, including the use of qualitative data collection methodologies
- Training and practical experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and report writing.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID, MCC, State and other development agencies to produce useful and accurate evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience managing large government contracts with positive results.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement pertinent company and client policies and procedures clearly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and provide advice and guidance in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred, but not required
- Technical expertise in one or more sectors preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of USAID Mission structure and office function preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, small business environment.
- Willingness to travel on assignment approximately 25% of the time.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.