SI is seeking a Technical Specialist to inform the firm’s extensive work within its Strategy, Performance, and Learning (SPL) practice area. This position will support the SPL team in managing and implementing performance evaluations and M&E-related contracts. Specific areas of work include:
Service Delivery. The Specialist will be expected to provide technical consulting services in support of SI’s work with US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits. Broadly, this could include two broad areas of work:
- Contribute to the design, oversight, and implementation of evaluations. This includes supporting both qualitative and quantitatively-focused evaluations and data collection instruments, designing monitoring and evaluation systems, conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions, designing and analyzing mini surveys, contributing to desk reviews, providing training; and conducting evaluation tasks in the field. The Technical Specialist will also ensure adherence to and promote SI’s Evaluation Quality, Use, and Impact protocols, while meeting contractual requirements.
- Provide technical management and support for strategy, performance and capacity building services. This includes applying technical knowledge and state-of-the-art methodologies, analysis techniques, and MEL approaches to project work; designing and implement innovative MEL and adaptive management activities and approaches; leveraging data and evidence for decision making; leading or co-leading training and technical assistance for key donors and clients; and developing strategies, MEL plans, training curricula, technical assistance, and other capacity-building services for results-oriented management.
Business Development. The Specialist will be required to contribute to proposal development through technical writing, recruiting technical personnel and participating in proposal development meetings. He/she may be called upon to identify new opportunities, serve as a technical lead or technical writer on proposals, review draft proposals, identify staff to be included in proposals, and work with the Finance Department to review budgets.
Departmental Support and Project/Program Management. The Technical Specialist will be expected to support SPL through the development of technical resources, provision of internal trainings, and engagement in technical mentoring/coaching of more junior SI staff. The Specialist may be called on to play a role in managing SPL contracts. Potential clients include, but are not limited to USAID, the US Department of State, DFID, Foundations, and others.
- Masters’ Degree in international development or a related field.
- Academic training and a minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in evaluation – including both qualitative and quantitative methods – with 7-10 years of overall work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
- Conducting field-based data collection in international contexts, including the use of qualitative data collection methodologies as well as practical experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and report writing.
- Management consulting, strategy, CLA, organizational development, capacity-building, performance management, training, MEL design and delivery, assessments, data analysis and visualization, and knowledge management.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID, MCC, State, and other development agencies.
- Demonstrated experience managing large government contracts with positive results.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement pertinent company and client policies and procedures clearly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and provide advice and guidance in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Professional experience as key staff on MEL engagements, preferably in developing countries, with high quality resulting deliverables.
- Willingness to travel on assignment approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred, but not required
- Technical expertise in one or more sectors preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of USAID Mission structure and office function preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to work as part of a creative and committed team and make a difference in the well-being of our world. We also offer a strong array of benefits to our employees, including professional development, competitive health insurance plans, robust Paid Time Off, and more.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.