POSITION TITLE: Technical Specialist/Team Leader in either of 3 areas:
- WASH or water management
- Land use planning/management
- Climate change adaptation/resilience
LOCATION: Niamey, Niger or Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Winrock is a recognized leader in the field of multiple use water services, water security, and climate change adaptation, and implements worldwide a range of large USAID programs.
Winrock is looking for both international and national senior specialists with significant experience implementing donor-funded activities in Burkina Faso and Niger for the upcoming USAID-funded RISE II Water Security & Resilience Activity. This Activity is meant to enhance social and ecological risk management systems so that “Chronically vulnerable populations in Burkina Faso and Niger effectively manage shocks and stresses and pursue sustainable pathways out of poverty.” This will be achieved through three components:
- Improved water security
- Enhanced sustainable productive land use
- Improved management of shocks, risks, and stresses
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership to design, implement and monitor field interventions to achieve specific results.
- Ensure all field interventions meet quality performance and integrity standards that comply with Activity’s objectives, USAID regulations, and Winrock policies.
- Participate and engage in management meetings, develop and maintain positive relations with USAID, government counterparts, other implementing partners and contractors, and local partners.
- Design and facilitate capacity building activities and other interventions as well as innovative solutions to increase equitable access to water and land for public health, for productive livelihoods, and for resilience to long- and short-term shocks and stresses.
- Collaborate with the Activity management team to ensure monitoring, evaluation, and learning efforts are appropriate and effective.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Contribute to annual work plans and progress reports as required.
- Conduct regular field visits to implementation areas to assure progress towards Activity objectives and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Degree required in international development, or other relevant field (water supply and sanitation, water management, agriculture, land management, natural resource management, climate change adaptation, etc.).
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience implementing complex international development programs required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing WASH/water management, land use planning/management or climate change adaptation programs required.
- Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity building, and working effectively with civil society, local, regional and central-level government authorities and with USAID or other development partners.
- Technical experience in Burkina Faso and/or Niger is required.
- Technical understanding of either WASH, water management, land use planning/management or climate change adaptation.
- Energetic and dynamic approach to building partnerships and promoting innovative program initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational and decision-making skills as well as professional maturity, versatility, discretion, service and integrity.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for water security, resilience and climate change adaptation.
- Ability to successfully engage local communities, as well as government officials at different levels.
- Strong communication skills, and fluency in French is required. Fluency in English is a plus.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
Applicants should go to https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2074276 and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing “Water Security and Resilience COP” by August 22, 2018.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.