Tetra Tech International Development Services, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a senior technical position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) Activity is to facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services, strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western, Muchinga, and Southern Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
* Support activities to maintain and expand sustainable WASH services in targeted provinces of Zambia with a focus on peri-urban, rural growth centers and rural areas;
* Work closely with other technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by the client;
* Communicate and work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in specific area of water and sanitation, water resources management, public administration, economics, finance, or other relevant disciplines;
* At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in the WASH sector focusing on the following technical areas: market-based WASH service delivery; public financial management; water and sanitation facility management; institutional capacity building; accountability and transparency; policy and regulatory reform; community engagement; and/or public-private partnerships.
* Demonstrated experience with USAID and/or other donor-funded projects;
* Prior experience living and/or working in Zambia or Southern Africa region;
* English language fluency (oral and written) required;
* Qualified Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.