Tetra Tech International Development is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Technical Specialists across multiple disciplines to support a series of technical opportunities, including an anticipated Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Livelihoods initiative, technical expertise to support World Food Programme-funded Climate Services projects, and other USAID-funded programs focused on agriculture and food security, climate resilience and adaptation, market systems strengthening, private sector development and economic growth.
Positions may be based in Tetra Tech headquarters locations (Arlington, Virginia, or Burlington, Vermont), or globally as needed. Tetra Tech is prioritizing technical expertise within the following disciplines:
* Livelihoods analysis (including pastoral-based systems and urban livelihoods)
* Participatory field assessment
* Intra-Household Dynamics
* Measuring Risk and Resilience
* Markets & Trade Dynamics
* Climate Change and Water Security
* Conflict and Food Security
* Disaster Risk Finance
* Food Security Analysis and data analytics
* Remote sensing analysis
* Agricultural development
* Market systems strengthening
* Minimum of a graduate degree in agriculture, economics, public policy, business administration, or a related field;
* At least 7 years of professional experience in agriculture, agricultural economics, rural development; early warning, food security assessment and scenario modeling methodologies; climate sciences; emergency humanitarian response planning; analysis of remote-sensing imagery; economics; or nutrition; or field(s) closely related to food security required with at least 3 of those years abroad;
* Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
* Outstanding intercultural communications skills;
* Knowledge of USAID or other international donor rules and regulations;
* Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in French and/or Spanish preferred.
*Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship would be required for US-based, headquarter positions.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.