Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Legal Advisor and a Service Delivery Specialist for an anticipated $10-25 million USAID-funded activity to support a fully digital land record in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to institute an efficient, transparent, and accessible land record. The activity will be implemented in selected Newly Merged Districts in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
A digital land record will help improve land management and local planning, mitigate land disputes, support enabling conditions to access credit, and improve the ability of the Government to provide services to its citizens.
The Legal Advisor will bring:
- Demonstrated experience supporting the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) to develop legislation and regulations;
- A strong understanding of the legislative process followed in the KP Province;
- A proven track record of conducting legal assessments in the KP Province;
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of customary laws and practices in the Merged Areas, including practices related to conflict resolution;
- Understanding of the local context of the Merged Areas.
The Service Delivery Specialist will bring:
- Extensive experience with and a strong understanding of improving government service delivery in the KP province; relevant experience in the Merged Areas highly desired;
- A proven track record and extensive experience working with local governments;
- A strong ability to establish successful working relationships with local government officials;
- Extensive experience providing relevant technical input and recommendations.
Qualifications: All candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
- More than five years of relevant technical experience in KP Province; with experience in the Merged Areas highly preferred;
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline;
- Excellent English communication skills; Pashto language skills strongly preferred;
- Ability to be based in Peshawar and travel throughout the Merged Areas.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is July 6, 2020.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability..