Technical Specialists, Governance Integration for Stabilization
and Resilience (GISR) in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
GISR will provide USAID MENA based Missions and the Middle East Bureau the means to respond to shocks and stressors through integrated pilot and scalable activities by (1) positioning USAID operating units to provide rapid responses to unexpected shocks in governance, stabilization, and resilience programming in MENA; (2) applying learning and adaptive management expertise to governance, stabilization, and resilience programs that are experiencing unexpected shocks; and (3) testing pilot programming through integrated and scalable activities that support Mission development objectives. This is a five-year program anticipated to begin in September 2018.
**Please note: Citizens of the above MENA countries are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.**
MSI is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for potential short and long-term technical consultancy positions for a series of delivery orders anticipated under a five-year USAID-funded Governance Integration for Stabilization and Resilience (GISR) program in the Middle East and North Africa. For the purposes of the GISR procurement, the MENA region is defined as including Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, West Bank & Gaza, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
MSI seeks Technical Specialists in the following areas:
- Local Governance
- Service delivery strengthening
- Economic and Community Development
- Conflict Mitigation and Social Cohesion
- Civil Society Engagement and positive youth engagement
- Gender and Inclusion
- Learning and knowledge sharing adaptive management
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, public policy, economics, gender studies, organizational and human development, or international development; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant technical experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with municipalities, local governance institutions, and/or national institutions, as relevant to GISR, in the MENA region.
- Demonstrated experience working with a broad-range of local government, civil society and private sector stakeholders and partners.
- Prior experience working on USAID or other donor-funded technical assistance projects in the MENA region strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, management and reporting skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.