ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Technical Writer/Copy Editor for the Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) in Kenya funded by USAID. The goal of RLA is to strengthen resilience capacities in Partnership for Resilience and Economic Growth (PREG), Somalia, and the Horn of Africa Network (HoRN). RLA strengthens capacities by undertaking analyses and building local organizations’ capabilities to lead, manage, and advance collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) that advance USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) approach. RLA seeks to achieve its goal through four main objectives of increasing analytics and analytic capacity for local and host country organizations, facilitating learning for adaptative management by local and host country organizations, improving knowledge management and strategic communication for local and host country organizations, and establishing and strengthening systems and networks for CLA.
The anticipated timeframe for this assignment is January to June 2021 with up to 20 hours per week of effort. This assignment is remote, but the Technical Writer/Copy Editor must be available for virtual coordination meetings with people in Nairobi, Kenya, and Washington, DC.
- Provide remote, part-time support with technical writing assignments (writing, copy editing, formatting)
- Review, rewrite, and copy edit technical documents generated by the project staff, including project reports, workplans, strategies, frameworks, success stories for content accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Generate technical reports based on information/content provided by project staff, including project documents, workplans, strategies, frameworks, success stories, and other communication documents
- Review documents to ensure the messaging is consistent with the project objectives and USAID expectations
- Write executive summaries, blurbs, ledes, headlines, straplines, and other sections for reports
- Collaborate with the team to curate and create compelling content and ideas, keeping the audience in mind
- Advanced degree in business administration, communications, development studies, or relevant field.
- 10 years of experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with USAID reporting and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach and resilience programming within the international development project cycle.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with project staff to provide information.
- Familiarity with Kenya and East Africa is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.