Open Call for Technical Consultants
Blumont is seeking talented proposal writers with a strong technical background to add to our Consultant Database that our Talent Acquisition teams utilize to fill short- and long-term proposal writing and project design activities.
Position Requirements –
If you have the following skills and experience you may qualify for inclusion in our consultant database.
- At least six years of professional experience writing winning proposals;
- Practical work experience in developing countries;
- Demonstrable experience working with key development funders;
- An advanced degree in a relevant field, and
- Foreign language skills (Arabic, French, and Spanish Preferred)
Robust experience in writing proposals for key clients like USAID (including OFDA, FFP, FtF), US DoS, MCC, USDA, DFID, EU, FCO, GAC, World Bank, and UN agencies is preferred.
Technical Areas –
The specific technical areas for which we are currently seeking technical writers are:
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Including but not limited to: emergency market recovery, livelihoods, protection, food security, emergency WASH, camp management, shelter and settlements, emergency health and psychosocial support, conflict resolution, and human rights
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Architecture and Engineering (A&E)
- Peacebuilding and countering violent extremism
- Alternative energy
- Climate change
- Gender and Youth
If your experience and skills match these qualifications, please submit the following along with your application:
- Cover Letter (Please List specific Technical Areas in your Cover Letter)
- Your CV (in Microsoft word)
- Copy of your LinkedIn profile (if applicable),
- 1420 Biodata form
- Short writing sample.
*Your Writing Sample must accompany your application
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working with Blumont.
About the Organization
Blumont is a nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organization with nearly 20 years of experience in 40 countries. We were founded as IRD (International Relief & Development) in 1998 and implement both humanitarian and development programs in relief, stabilization, and resilience worldwide. We have a diverse client base comprised of over 30 partner organizations including: USAID, UNHCR, DFID, World Bank, UNDP US DOS, USDA and the World Health Organization. Using advanced technology, tools and information resources, we implement highly effective programs in some of the most difficult environments in the world. Our mission is to deliver innovative, evidence based, locally driven solutions that advance the aspirations of people, communities and donor partners worldwide. Our operating paradigm is to collaborate, innovate, and transform.