Tetra Tech IDS (http://tetratechintdev.com) is accepting expressions of interest for an ICT4D (Information Communication Technologies for Development) Staff Associate, to join its Technology for Development (T4D) Unit. The ICT4D Staff Associate will provide expertise for international development projects and work to promote innovative approaches using technology solutions for projects and new business efforts. Candidates should be adaptable to a variety of technologies, experienced in geospatial solution design and implementation, and an enthusiastic advocate for new technologies. The T4D Unit works at headquarters and in the field to support new business efforts, research and develop appropriate technological solutions for project implementation, support projects in the field, and provide training and staff capacity building.
Candidates should be capable of working around the world under challenging conditions. This position is based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
* Provide technical expertise on a broad array of technologies, including but not limited to geospatial technologies, digital financial services, remote sensors, mobile tools (SMS/USSD, smartphone apps), data collection and analysis, web technologies, and various off-the-shelf sector specific platforms;
* Monitor, test, and customize tools/trends in the ICT4D and geospatial marketplace for customization and possible adoption;
* Short and medium term technical assignments for HO and field;
* Develop and deliver trainings on ICT4D technology and innovation for Home Office staff;
* Collaborate with firm’s Business Development Unit and Operations in innovating ICT4D solutions to strengthen proposal development and project implementation objectives;
* Represent the interests of the T4D Unit internally, within Tetra Tech’s International Development Services, and with clients; and
* Other complementary and necessary duties as assigned by the Unit Director.
* Bachelor’s degree in a field related to ICT4D required, with an advanced degree in a related field preferred;
* Demonstrable experience in technology consulting, program development, and ICT4D or geospatial services implementation;
* Minimum of 2 years of researching, testing, and applying ICT and/or geospatial tools;
* Experience with a broad array of open source and commercial software and willingness to learn more;
* Experience with any of the following a plus: software development, system administration, geospatial analysis, database administration;
* Experience training non-specialist staff, especially on ICT4D and/or GIS;
* International field experience required;
* Knowledge of international development, particularly USAID-funded initiatives;
* Demonstrated strong technical writing skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key
messages and to various audiences;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
* Very strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills;
* Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in at least one foreign language preferred;
* Availability for frequent overseas travel on short- and medium-term assignments with as much as 40% travel
to developing countries; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.