Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting expressions of interest for an Information Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) Staff Associate, to join its Technology for Development (T4D) Unit. As an ICT4D Staff Associate, you will provide expertise for international development projects and work to promote innovative ways of using technology solutions for projects and new business efforts.
You should be adaptable to a variety of technologies, experienced in geospatial solution design and implementation, and an enthusiastic advocate for new technologies. The T4D Unit works in the home office and on projects in the field to support new business efforts, research and develop appropriate technological solutions for project implementation, and deliver training and staff capacity building. You should be capable of working around the world under challenging conditions.
This position is located in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
What You’ll Do:
* Provide technical expertise on a broad array of technologies, including but not limited to geospatial technologies, digital financial services, remote sensors, mobile tools (SMS/USSD, smartphone apps), data collection and analysis, web technologies, and various off-the-shelf sector specific platforms;
* Monitor, test, and customize tools/trends in the ICT4D and geospatial marketplace for customization and possible adoption;
* Short and medium term technical assignments for the Home Office and field;
* Develop and deliver trainings on ICT4D technology and innovation for Home Office staff;
* Collaborate with firm’s Business Development Unit and Operations in innovating ICT4D solutions to strengthen proposal development and project implementation objectives, and:
* Represent the interests of the T4D Unit internally, within Tetra Tech’s International Development Services, and with clients.
* Bachelor’s degree in a field related to ICT4D required, with an advanced degree in a related field preferred;
* Demonstrable experience in technology consulting, program development, and ICT4D or geospatial services implementation;
* Minimum of 2 years of researching, testing, and applying ICT and/or geospatial tools;
* Experience with a broad array of open source and commercial software and ability to learn more;
* Experience with any of the following a plus: software development, system administration, geospatial analysis, database administration;
* Experience training non-specialist staff, especially on ICT4D and/or GIS;
* International field experience required;
* Knowledge of international development, particularly USAID-funded initiatives;
* Excellent technical writing skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
* Very strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills;
* Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in at least one foreign language preferred;
*Availability for frequent overseas travel on short- and medium-term assignments with as much as 40% travel to developing countries; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In order to be considered, please submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.