Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting expressions of interest for an ICT4D (Information Communication Technologies for Development) Staff Associate, to join its Technology for Development (T4D) Unit. The ICT4D Specialist will provide expertise for international development projects and promote innovative approaches using technology solutions for projects and new business efforts. As a T4D Staff Associate, you should be adaptable to a variety of technologies and an enthusiastic advocate for new technologies. The T4D Unit works at headquarters and in the field to support new business efforts, research and develop appropriate technological solutions for project implementation, support projects in the field, and provide training and staff capacity building.
Candidates should be capable of working around the world under challenging conditions. This position is based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia. Please note that this hire is contingent upon future contract wins, and not for immediate placement.
What you’ll be doing:
* Provide technical expertise on a broad array of technologies, including but not limited to mobile data collection, data management and analysis, application and database servers, mobile connectivity, and others
* Monitor trends and test tools in the ICT4D marketplace for customization and adoption
* Lead assessment and design work to apply technology to development problems
* Work with and oversee work performed by third-party technology companies
* Conduct short- and medium-term technical assignments for home office and field
* Develop and deliver trainings on ICT4D technology and innovation
* Collaborate with peers in innovating ICT4D solutions to strengthen proposal development and project implementation objectives
What we are looking for in you:
* Bachelor’s degree required, with an advanced degree in a related field preferred;
* Experience working, studying, or volunteering in a developing country is required;
Please submit the following as part of our application process:
* Demonstrable experience researching, testing, and applying technologies to achieve program objectives;
* Experience with a broad array of open source and commercial software and willingness to learn more;
* Experience with any of the following a plus: one or more programming languages, Windows and/or Linux system administration, data management and analysis, human- and user-centered design;
* Demonstrated strong technical writing skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
* Knowledge of international development, particularly USAID-funded initiatives preferred;
* Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in at least one foreign language preferred;
* Availability for frequent overseas travel on short- and medium-term assignments with as much as 40% travel
to developing countries; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.