The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking to fill FT Temporary Distribution Coordinator-Mobile Pantry (COVID-19 Response) position.
This opportunity will be through September at 30-40 hrs./week and include CTFB benefits. These positions are tied to our need during the pandemic and are not permanent CTFB positions. The need for these positions will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis as the community situation changes. The schedule could involve work Mondays-Saturdays as needed. Background check required.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for a dynamic TEMPORARY DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR-MOBILE PANTRY (COVID-19 Response) in our Programs Department to assist during the pandemic. The role will coordinate Central Texas Food Bank’s Mobile Pantry distribution sites, which directly serve community members in need across CTFB’s 21-county territory. Reporting into the Distribution Programs Manager on the Agency Services team, this position is highly visible in the community and is critically important in maintaining partnerships across our territory. This position requires manual labor as well as solid relationship management. This position spends the majority of work time in the field at Mobile Pantry site distributions and traveling to/from distributions in CTFB vehicles or personal vehicles.
As a MOBILE PANTRY PROGRAM COORDINATOR, you will
- Directly oversee the program at program sites, including providing volunteer orientation, training and supervision.
- Monitor programs for compliance with Food Bank, USDA and Feeding America guidelines including health & safety and civil rights compliance.
- Provide direct assistance to clients of varying backgrounds; conduct client intake and ensure security and confidentiality of client records.
- Model for volunteers a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Contribute to the Central Texas Food Bank’s overall mission as a public representative of the organization.
- Deliver honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrate fair treatment of others and support a positive environment.
- Ensure that social distancing practices and other safety protocols due to COVID-19 are followed.
You are a great candidate if you have
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate Mobile Pantry distribution times (as assigned) NOTE: Work days will be Monday – Saturday with varying hours (total of 30-40).
- Experience working with volunteers and families of varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
- Experience collaborating with coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; providing an adequate lead-time for others to meet deadlines; willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
- Proven demonstration of good judgment and discretion.
- A valid government-issued Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Bonus points for
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience with food distribution programs
- Knowledge of federal feeding programs
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues.
- Experience with events planning
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
Conditions may include working inside, working outside in various weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold or rain, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile
Note: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.