Key expert 1: Team Leader: 650 working days over the duration of the contract
Qualifications and skills
- Postgraduate qualifications in law, economics, management or another relevant discipline.
- Excellent level of English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Good drafting skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Leadership skills as demonstrated by at least one previous team leader experience.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to different cultural contexts.
General professional experience
- More than 10 years of professional experience working on WTO/international trade policy, regional economic integration and/or related domestic legislation.
- Extensive project and team management experience, including programme planning, budgeting, disbursement and progress monitoring.
- At least 3 years of experience as team leader.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing countries.
- Experience working with government agencies at senior level.
- Working experience in Asia would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Viet Nam’s trade regulation/policies and trade integration would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years providing trade-related technical assistance to public authorities.
- Experience in the context of FTA negotiations/implementation would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU project management procedures would be an advantage.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.