Description: the French Agency of Development has launched a tender in the framework of the EUROCLIMA + programme. EUROCLIMA+ is a programme for Latin American countries which aims to assist them in the implementation of their Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) submitted by governments in the context of the Paris Climate Change Conference (COP 21) in 2015 and, more broadly, in the design and preparation of climate change mitigation and adaptation measures. The beneficiaries are States or decentralised entities or others (companies, civil society organisations, etc.) from Latin American countries eligible for the European development cooperation instrument, i.e.: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Regional or international organisations may also be eligible for certain components of this programme.
Characteristics of the EUROCLIMA+ programme: the EUROCLIMA+ programme is mainly intended to finance intellectual services (studies, technical assistance, capacity building programmes, programmes for exchanges of experience or capitalisation) and pilot projects. It has been allocated an initial budget (“EUROCLIMA+ 2016”) of EUR 40m, which breaks down into a “vertical” component divided into “sectors” and a “horizontal” non-sectoral component with, in addition, technical assistance and the management fees related to the entire programme (managed by the European Commission).
Objective of the mission: provide AFD with sectoral support for the overall implementation of the “Renewable energies and energy efficiency” component, in particular for the monitoring of implementation of the projects which will be supported in the context of this component, as well as for the deployment of the various related technical assistance and communication/visibility activities.
In the framework of this tender, Transtec is currently looking for:
1. Principal Consultant (Head of Mission):
- A minimum of 10 years of experience at international level in energy sector and preferably energy efficiency: definition of public policies, project management (studies, procurement, supervision of works), assistance to the contracting authority.
- Relevant experience as head of mission in Latin America.
- Knowledge of climate-related issues, especially of issues related to adaptation to climate change.
- Experience in the management of development projects and in the procurement, performance, management, monitoring and supervision of contracts. Experience in the management of technical assistance programmes with European financing will be appreciated.
- Knowledge of donors and international cooperation.
- Fluency in Spanish and English at the minimum. A command of French is recommended.
- Flexibility to carry out technical advice missions and administrative tasks (procurement, billing financial monitoring).
- Rigour and an ability to coordinate/manage consultants.
2. Group of Consultants:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience at international level in the field of water management.
- Relevant experience as a principal consultant in Latin America;
- A command of Spanish and English. A command of French would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of donors and international cooperation.
Areas of expertise:
- Energy efficiency
- Latin American energy efficiency public policies
- Procurement and contract management
- Event management and communication
- Environmental and social
At Transtec, we consider an inclusive environment as key for our success. We are dedicated to ensuring a workplace that embraces diversity and provides equal opportunities for all, without distinction as to race, gender, age, marital status, social status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, personality, ethnicity and culture.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we can only get back to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.